The *not even remotely* Weekly Granny Stripe Update!

3.01.2012



Join the new crafty community Pinterest board "Do Something Awesome!"


AWWW. Puppy crochet!

Okay so he didn't pick up the crochet hook himself, but he did crawl into the blanket. 

Okay so he didn't crawl into it so much as lie there while I wrapped him up in it. But his lack of protest was almost certainly the equivalent of crawling into it. I had it set up on a chair, taking pictures for this post, and he was lying there watching and he said: "Gosh, such a pretty blanket. I sure wish it were wrapped all around me like an awesome yarn coccoon."

He did. He totally said it. With his eyes. They're very expressive. Usually they're expressing neurosis and a need for doggy prozac, but this time they definitely were saying "wrap me up with your awesome crochet blanket. And hey, it would be cool if you gave me that crochet hook too. Oh, and you're beautiful today."

Soooo. That's not a hallucination. That is indeed The Monster you're seeing. You're also not hallucinating the shocking lack of progress. You know how you stop working on some project for a few days and then every day you delay, the prospect of starting up again becomes more and more daunting? Yeah. That.

And, lest you be deceived by the completely erroneous idea that I have some kind of super-clean, super-organized, super-absurdly-neat house and craft stash, this is what faced me when I finally got my guts back (sorry for the dark pic. it was night and I can barely work my camera most of the time. damn thing is like the instrument panel on a space shuttle):

Waldo is hiding in this picture somewhere. If you find him I want some of your acid.
Anyway. I finally started working on it again. It was one of those things where Travis and I were just lounging around one night, drinking wine and watching Bones, and I just jumped up and decided to bust out the Monster. Wow. That last sentence is a perfect illustration of why context is important.

I have done exactly one row--not stripe, row--since it last made an appearance here. I even have all this cool new yarn in pink, lime green, mustard, and white that I wanted to crochet, but I didn't because I didn't want to start another crochet project till I was working on this one again. Because I'm RESPONSIBLE.

In other news, I got Travis a flying lesson for his birthday last year, and he was finally able to go! He's never flown before, but the lesson was awesome cause he actually got to control the plane for most of the flight. It was so cool watching him fly! And hell no I didn't go up with him. I have a totally psychotic phobia of airplanes. I need lots of xanax martinis to be able to fly without melting into a puddle of tears and horror.

For those of you who are new, The Monster is what I named this stupidly huge blanket I'm crocheting. I am doing weekly updates on my progress, except for the last like seven weeks cause I'm an asshole. Check out the last post on The Monster here. And if you want to jump all over me so I'll keep it up (CONTEXT), you can follow me in any of the ways in the sidebar. Are you using Bloglovin'? You should. I've been using it lately, and it's pretty cool.

And because he's just so gosh darn cute, here's Watson again:




Pin It


Refresh Your Nest! Show and Tell! Frugal Friday! I'm Lovin' It! Friday Favorites! Tip Me Tuesday! Link Your Stuff!

24 comments:

  1. I love that you said that you reply in your head! I ALWAYS comment in my head so it is like we are having a conversation! AND since I am a middle school teacher, it has got to be the most intelligent convo I have had all day... (OK they are not always that bad). Anyway, your dog has the most beautiful eyes! How can you ever say no to him?? xoxo Shannon
    P.S. I am coming over for Mojitos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the monster! Such a gorgeous monster it is. I'm going to have to be so responsible it's ridiculous in order to avoid starting up my own monster before I finish the ripple I'm working on for my soon-to-be-born nephew, my babette I started a year ago, and the scarf I just started today. ACK! Why are there so many awesome things to crochet?!

    Anyway, it's gorgeous, and I just wanted to tell you that. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww pupppppy!!!

    That blanket is seriously going to be gorgeous. Usually I knit, but you are totally inspiring some granny squares after I have my stash again!

    I keep trying to formulate reactions in full sentences, but my brain isn't working right now. I guess I better go unpack more boxes >_<

    xoxo Bhrett

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nothing like a handmade afghan - just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stopping by from the Friday Favorites Blog Hop! http://queenofsavings.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute, he really wants this blanket! Andi

    ReplyDelete
  7. Watson is adorable in that blanket. I cannot imagine crocheting a blanket like that. I'm not even doing it yet I already know how long I'd procrastinate.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cool, I love The Monster!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I made one of these around Christmas and I enjoyed the pattern. I LOVE your colors. I need to make another.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is super cute! :) Your blog is so lovely and I really enjoy it. I'm following you <3 :)
    http://annaisbambi.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Not only is your crochet beautiful, but your dog is adorable. :) So sweet!

    www.scissorsstitchesandseams.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ok I had to leave you a comment! I found your blog through craftgawker and I could hear your voice(what I assume is your voice!) as I read this post. Your blanket is gorgeous and my family would totally wrap our dog up in such a blanket if we had one! Love your blog. I'll be back to read more.

    Peace!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think we have the same puppy! I've seen lots of pups that are similar to my Sonny but none look as spot on as Watson! Do you know what he exactly is? We think pit/lab.

    -Christen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Watson is half Lab and half Golden Retriever. He's so sweet, and really the easiest dog ever!

      Delete
    2. I thought he was a Viszla! He's great...so is the afghan!

      Delete
  15. Your afghan is going to be awesome and you ARE awesome! I love your blog and am now following you. I just took up crocheting and it's killing me so I want to keep up with your progress! Would you please come join us and link up to It's a Party on Thursday (it starts Wednesday afternoon)? I would love to have you! We are huge dog lovers here at our house and Watson is adorable! Tell him I said so. Lol!
    www.acreativeprincess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful blanket and adorable dog! Linked to it on my blog today -- hope you don't mind. :)

    onedaysdreams.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. So colorful, that's great! Cute puppy as well!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, beautiful! And the dog..... LOVE him!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great post and super cute puppy! The conversation you two had literally made me LOL! I just found your blog from craftgawker. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, colorful and beautiful too. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

I'm not always great at replying to comments but I DO read every single one of them and I always reply in my head. So in my mind we've had this deep conversation about the meaning of life or whatever, and we're best friends, and we craft together on Sunday afternoons while drinking Mojitos and watching old Indiana Jones movies. So thank you for your comments. And now I want a mojito.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...