Really?

2.27.2012

Image Borrowed from here
Sooooo......

You guys jumped into the shiny new Do Something Awesome pinboard like kids jumping into a ball pit made entirely of ice cream and happiness. Really. I added like 300 people in the last day and a half. The board has nearly 500 followers now and I get new requests faster than I can add them.

But apparently someone out there does not share your enthusiasm. I came home today and logged into Pinterest to find most of the contributors deleted. Some person asked me to add them and I did, and that person then went in and manually deleted most of the followers. 

The thing is that once you're added as a contributor, you can add people too. That's part of what makes it cool! You can invite your friends to the party. But that also means you can delete people. Fortunately, contributors can't delete the whole board or the followers.

Seems like kind of a petty and juvenile thing to do. I don't know who did it, but I'm talking to Pinterest now, so we can find out who it was I hope. Frankly it doesn't really even make me mad, it's just sad for all the people that got added and now find themselves mysteriously deleted.

Anyway, if you got deleted I have no way of knowing who you are short of some elaborate cross-checking scheme. Just comment here or on the original post and I will re-add you. I've re-added a bunch of you already. Sorry minions. Someone out there took her ball and went home, lol.

You can follow the board here. If you follow it I'll add you as a contributor. It's pretty bad-ass. Villians be damned :)

7 comments:

  1. I haven't signed up for the first "round", but was planning too, when I read your post. That just plain mean and immature to do. And could I have a Baileys instead of a Mojitos while we craft?
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I'm a little curious to hear who Pinterest says is doing it. It doesn't even really bother me that much, cause it's only minor damage; I can always put people back. It's just kind of a pain. I just added another batch and I think you were in there :)

      And I LOVE Baileys. I'm a sucker for sweet drinks. "I'll take some liquor with my sugar, please!"

      Delete
    2. Mybe the person didn't realize what they were doing?? That's what my rose coolored lenses want me to think. Me? I'll take a glass--no, a bottle--of moscato and jump into that Pin board, please and thank you. :)

      Delete
    3. Do what? Talk about sour grapes!!! Ugh!

      I'm glad that you are getting that sorted out.

      I'm going to jump into your Pinterest group later this week. :)

      Oh, I've had several comments on my blog lately that I've had to delete which boggles my mind. I was raised with the "If you have nothing nice to say, then..." phrase drilled into my head. I guess I shouldn't think that that applies to everyone else. *sigh*

      Delete
    4. @Adrienne, After having to re-add everyone not once but twice now, I'll need a whole bottle of Moscato too ;)

      @T, I don't get the nasty comment thing. What's the point? If you don't like a blog... don't read it. It's not like there aren't a ton of other ones to fill the gap. I haven't had any unkind comments yet but I know it's inevitable. Oh well, fact of internet life.

      Delete
  2. Jamie I'm now following also via Bloglovin'! Thought you might want to know. Well, hope we'll keep in touch!
    Love, Olga

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Olga! I thought I was following you through GFC but apparently I wasn't... Anyway, I am now! Nice to hear from you :)

      Delete

I'm not always great at replying to comments but I DO read every single one of them and I always reply in my head. So in my mind we've had this deep conversation about the meaning of life or whatever, and we're best friends, and we craft together on Sunday afternoons while drinking Mojitos and watching old Indiana Jones movies. So thank you for your comments. And now I want a mojito.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...