Hoo-Ratio's Adventure Begins!!!

2.03.2012


Oh my gosh!!! I have the best news ever! I heard from Hoo-Ratio's new family this morning!!!!

Quick recap: I hooked up Hoo-Ratio the little owl while on vacation in the mountains of NC in early January, and I left him behind with a little note for someone to find and take home. Read the original post here!

It's been a few weeks so I had started to give up hope that I was going to hear from whoever found him, but it turns out that a nice couple from Durham took him, and brought him home to these gorgeous girls. Even better, the 7 year-old is taking him to school with her to pass along, so hopefully he will get to go on another trip! He is off on his adventure!!!



Let me tell you people... I am so sick right now with the flu, and when I got their email this morning I was absolutely beside myself. I was so excited and thrilled that Hoo-Ratio could spread some happiness that I completely forgot about how crappy I feel and jumped up and down and hugged the nearest dog, cause no one else was home to share my glee! I called the man at work and croakily told him about it, cause I was just bursting with the news!

Thank you, thank you, thank you Girls, for so generously passing him along! I'm sure you wanted to keep him (I know I did!) but now he gets to go somewhere new, meet new people, and make more people happy! And that all starts with you! :) :) :)

I really hope that we hear more about Hoo-Ratio's travels. How awesome would it be if we got updates from new families sometimes?!? I also hope this inspires some of you to try this too. Make a little craft and leave it somewhere for someone to find, along with a little note. You can post about it on Scissors & Steam's facebook page, so we can all hear about it!


"Happiness is like jam. You can't spread even a little without getting some on yourself."~ Anonymous



Pin It

11 comments:

  1. This is just too cool ! Sorry you're not feeling well, love ! Keep spreading your joy !

    Your Stalker from Making Home :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm feeling much better now :)

      Delete
  2. I love it! The traveling tales of Hoo-Ratio! I feel inspired to follow your lead :)

    Feel better soon!


    http://distractedashley.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! If you do it, let me know, I'd love to hear about it!

      Delete
  3. Yay Hoo-Ratio! You should send Hoo-Ratio's "cousins" out and see where they make it before returning to you at the end of a specific period of time. Send them with a journal and see what awesome things they get up to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I thought about trying that, but I think I'll see how Hoo-Ratio does first!

      Delete
  4. I <3 the idea of sending off a little craft animal with a journal to keep track of their journey. You just might be on to something here, my friend. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We'll see! Hopefully I hear from him again :)

      Delete
  5. oh my gosh this is the cutest ever...I love anything that is tiny like this! :-) Makes it easier to carry around :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! I'm so happy for Hoo! And I do the same with my doggie too - spontaneously hug her when there's no one else around to share my glee...she thinks I'm nuts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this! So glad he is getting passed along! It is such a great idea! I love your blog and am your newest follower :)
    heronscrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I'm not always great at replying to comments but I DO read every single one of them and I always reply in my head. So in my mind we've had this deep conversation about the meaning of life or whatever, and we're best friends, and we craft together on Sunday afternoons while drinking Mojitos and watching old Indiana Jones movies. So thank you for your comments. And now I want a mojito.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...