HEY!!! Do Something Awesome! ~craft community Pinterest board~ UPDATED!

2.25.2012


UPDATE: Check THIS POST for the new rules and to find out how to get added! This post is now outdated! Check out the FAQs for the board here :)


So I made this PHENOMENAL Pinterest discovery today that totally altered my experience with the world on the most basic level. COMMUNITY PINBOARDS. 

Okay so they've been around awhile but I never really came across any, till yesterday I found one full of hot men. Well, that got my attention. And then I got to thinking, why not start one for all of us crafty types? I'm sure there are others out there, but I couldn't find them.

It's called "Do Something Awesome" and you can pin pretty much whatever you want as long as it's craft oriented! Your projects, craft inspiration, recipes, cool or funny crap that you have to share immediately with everyone because it just made you spit your mojito all over your shiny new laptop. No I didn't do that. 

Okay maybe I did. Just please don't post anything absurdly offensive. 

Anyway, here's how it works. Go to the pinboard and follow it and, if you're awesome, (and you are, right?) you can follow all my boards. But you don't have to. Then I follow you back and I can add you as a contributor. UPDATE: Go here to find out how to be added! Pinterest requires me to follow you in order to add you. Super easy.

Then you'll get a confirmation email, and then "Do Something Awesome" shows up in your list of pinboards when you go to pin something. I'm so excited! It already has 220 340 505 697 followers, so check the rules and jump in!

I will be adding a bunch of people who I already follow, so if you get a confirmation for the board, congrats! You're one of the Super Minions! Or something.

In summary: 
  1. Go to the "Do Something Awesome" board and follow it, OR go to my Pinterest page and follow me.
  2. I follow you back. 
  3. Get your confirmation email. You don't have to do anything with it.
  4. Start pinning to the board, and adding your own followers to it.
If you already follow me and you don't get a confirmation from me, leave your Pinterest address in the comments below and I will add you!

Are you excited? I AM!!! Don't forget to follow the blog here too, for more awesome stuff and to make sure you get all the news and updates!

***UPDATE***

WOW, I am blown away!!!! I have added over 140 people in the 24 hours since I launched this board, and more followers are rolling in practically by the minute!!!! What an amazing response, thank you so much everyone for wanting to get involved in this cool new community! I'm adding people as fast as I can, but if you think I missed you, leave a comment on this post with your pinterest address and I'll add you Go here to be added :)

***UPDATE AGAIN!***

So apparently the rapid response was too much for Pinterest to handle! It glitched last night and deleted about 200 of you. If you were deleted, comment here with your pinterest address and I will re-add you! ARRGGGHHH So frustrating! But it's okay people, we'll work it out :)


***UPDATE YET AGAIN***

I've made some basic changes to how the board works, so go to this post to find out how to be added and what the new rules are. The board is working great and everyone is SUPER excited about it, so jump on in!








Pin It

Taking a Timeout Thursday! Show and Tell! Stick A Pin In It! Tip Me Tuesday!

4 comments:

  1. great. thank you for the opportunity. will go check it out and participate..

    meanwhile. my pinterest account is http://www.pinterest.com/finecraftguild
    join the 1200 followers...

    Rose
    http://www.finecraftguild.com/party/
    (my community post)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alecia @ Chicken Scratch NY

    Broke my little pinterest addicted heart to be kicked out

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You were deleted alecia?? Gah! I'll re-add you as soon as i can!

      Delete
  3. A really great idea Jamie! Thanks so much for sharing on Mom On Timeout!

    ReplyDelete

I'm not always great at replying to comments but I DO read every single one of them and I always reply in my head. So in my mind we've had this deep conversation about the meaning of life or whatever, and we're best friends, and we craft together on Sunday afternoons while drinking Mojitos and watching old Indiana Jones movies. So thank you for your comments. And now I want a mojito.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...