Help a Dog, Win a Book!

2.10.2012

Check out this little book! It's TINY. I made it just like a big book, but miniature! It's made from high-quality Mohawk paper, has pink ribbons, the rigid boards are covered in a pretty star paper, and the binding is coptic stitched with pink bookbinding thread! Coptic stitch is great because it allows the book to open completely flat. This book could be used as a tiny sketch book, scrapbook, or you could even hook a chain through it and wear it as a necklace!

I've had several people ask me for tutorials on how to make these books, and don't worry, one is definitely coming. I'm actually thinking of doing a little video tutorial, since these are kind of complicated. What do you think? You guys want a video tutorial?? Well, in the meantime, I'm gonna give this awesome little book away to one lucky reader!!!

Okay, honestly I had not planned on doing another giveaway for like a month. But, tell me something... Is this dog sweet or what???


I mean come on. She's playing with yarn. THIS DOG IS ONE OF US. Is she attempting to crochet with her soft little muzzle and her pink doggie tongue? Probably. Because she's awesome.

So what's going on you wonder? That cutie lamenting her lack of opposable thumbs is Pogo. Rescued from an abusive situation and retrained as a service/therapy dog, she's now the sweet companion of a disabled Navy veteran.

Pogo tore her ACL and now she can't walk. And since Pogo can't walk, that means she can't help her veteran. Most days her pain is so severe that she can't even eat. She needs a very expensive surgery, which her family cannot afford. 
"Pogo and I are inseperable. Where she is, I am , and vice versa...She is my world, and I can't even remember how I lived without her. She is such a lover, and though a little timid at first due to abuse issues, she warms up and once you have her trust you cannot lose it. She will guard and protect you, and I have even had people tell me that even when I nap, she stands guard to make sure I'm safe." (Read Pogo's story here)
Pogo's problem really struck home for me for two reasons. One, I love animals and can't stand the thought of one suffering. Two, I was medically discharged from the military myself, due to injuries sustained in a training accident. Thankfully my disability is nowhere near as severe as Mandi's, but I did see first hand the difficulties --emotional, practical, spiritual--that many service members dealt with in the disability process.


So here's the deal. Donate to help Pogo. Any amount will help! Even if you can only do a dollar, please help. Pogo is suffering and her veteran is suffering, and every little bit will help them. Donate, leave a comment here saying you donated (not how much, just that you did!), and you'll be entered to win this awesome little book. If you can't donate, share this giveaway and leave a comment here, and you'll be entered. The giveaway will go for two weeks, and a winner will be chosen randomly.




11 comments:

  1. Gladly shared on my Facebook page! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for letting me know! I've got it posted on my blog.

    http://chickenscratchny.blogspot.com/2012/02/paws-4-pogo.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Posted on facebook and twitter! Hope he is able to get help!

    Melissa
    www.lovebugliving.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shared it on my Facebook page! Poor Pogo, what an adorable little sweetie! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all things tiny, especially this book! And what a sweet dog... and named Pogo?? I haven't seen 101 Dalmatians in forever. So sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jamie, this is a wonderful story. And who could pass up helping someone's doggy? Not me, that's for sure. So, I donated. :) You knew I would, right? I'm such a bleeding heart. Especially for animals.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Boy wandering through the Internet can be expensive! :) I found your blog and, of course, had to donate. We had a rott who tore her ACL 3 times! (Once on the left & twice on the right) It's an expensive surgery, but makes such a difference to the dogs. (They can go without, but the healing is long and hard, especially for a high energy pup!) I'm so glad Pogo found someone to take care of her (and to take care of). Thanks for bringing this story to our attention!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is simply adorable!!! Would you please share this with our readers for Fun Stuff Fridays? http://www.toysinthedryer.com/2012/02/14-days-of-valentines-fun-stuff-fridays_10.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. so sweet

    Natasha xx

    www.serenityyou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pogo has an amazing interface. That means most of the gamers are stick to play more number of games here.......
    Pogo Help

    ReplyDelete

I'm not always great at replying to comments but I DO read every single one of them and I always reply in my head. So in my mind we've had this deep conversation about the meaning of life or whatever, and we're best friends, and we craft together on Sunday afternoons while drinking Mojitos and watching old Indiana Jones movies. So thank you for your comments. And now I want a mojito.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...