Do Something Awesome! *how to get added and Rules*

2.28.2012



*** (update 5/3/2014) ATTENTION LOVELIES! We have a great set of contributors to the board now, so rather than overload with quantity over quality, I'm starting a wait list for new contributors! Please comment here or on one of MY pinterest pins (here!, that's easiest for me to add you!) and when a spot opens I'll add you. Please be patient and feel free to remind me if a few weeks pass and you don't hear from me. :) LOVE YOU ALL, THANK YOU FOR MAKING THE BOARD SO AWESOME!!!!!***


 Do Something Awesome! is off and running! But now there are a few housekeeping things that need to be done in order to keep the board AWESOME.

First, I've had several emails from people who just want to follow the board but not be added as contributors. So, the new way to get added is to comment on this post. Just following the board will no longer get you added as a contributor! You can follow the board and still get the awesome content, but I have to add you as a contributor if you want to participate in the community. I will also be starting a waiting list so that the contributor list doesn't get too huge, and winnowing the contributors to those people who regularly bring in quality content. But not yet. Right now it's still open, so:

  • If you want to be added, comment here with your Pinterest name and I will add you as a contributor. Please also follow this blog and note in your comment if you're a follower (either here, through rss, Bloglovin', or Facebook). Not totally required, but it's nice, and when the waiting list starts up, I'll give priority to Scissors & Steam members.

If you find yourself deleted, it was probably not me who did it. Comment here that you were deleted, and I'll add you back. No big deal. :)

Now for the party pooping Rules. I didn't want to impose a bunch of rules on people, but I think I have to so that the board can keep dishing out quality, original content! Otherwise it'll just turn into a big jumbled mess like the main DIY/Craft board is. So:

  • Please don't delete or add people to the board. Leave that for me and designated board moderators. I have a master list of contributors so I can periodically check it to make sure it's all up to speed.
  • Please add quality craft-related pins, preferably of your own projects or ideas. This is your chance to show off! If it's not yours, then please at least include in the description how you would go about making it if it's not a direct link to a tutorial or pattern. Inspiring is great, but useful is awesome!
  • Sellers: You are welcome to join in, but please pin only one of your handcrafted products per day. I love Etsy/Indie sellers, and you should be proud of your work and get a chance to show off! But I don't want the board to get inundated with advertising. (also note that most of the followers are DIYers, so if you don't want people trying to figure out how you did something, don't pin it!)

That's it for now. Sorry for the rules, but they're meant to help this board stay awesome! This way we can have quality, focused content that we can really use. 

So follow Do Something Awesome! You can follow all my boards too, if you're super awesome!

Thanks everyone! I LOVE how enthusiastic everyone is about this!!! SO exciting! :)


Comment below with your Pinterest name to be added as a contributor:

50 comments:

  1. I'm a follower, I think through GFC, although the bazillion ways to follow are starting to make my head spin. My pinterest name is chiwei, I'd love to contribute! How went the midterm presentation? Still interested in the interview thingie? I'm also slogged down in crap, but I'm still up for it if you are!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I know there are so many ways to follow now. But I guess that's what people need, so it's okay with me. I've added you to the board :)

      The midterm thing was fine. My thesis is due this semester so I've reached quite the level of general panic, though ;) And yeah the interview thing is still a go, and I've got a couple others interested in doing the chain thing you and I talked about, if you want to spread the word too!

      Delete
    2. I got an MEng, so I escaped the thesis panic, but I had friends who got phDs so I understand the anxiety, to an extent. I've got work and volunteer work to get through, but I'll try to put together something official-y for the chain interview thing in the next day or so...figure out how it's all going to go down.

      Delete
    3. Yep. The party pooper is back. I re-added you.

      Delete
  2. I would love to follow and contribute. My pinterest name is santitam. I love sewing and crafting :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to follow and contribute: meenermax Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you are already a contributor. If not, let me know and I'll see if I can add you again.

      Delete
  4. Hi There...How fun. May I just "follow" please :-) De'Anna Groves. I sent a request via Pinterest, also. Thank you. I am a facebook liker too..(In case that matters)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can sign up to follow, just go to the board and there should be an option for you to follow it (the red "follow" button. You don't need to be added just to follow :)

      Delete
  5. I would prefer to just follow this board, rather than actually be able to pin to it. I think someone, maybe you, made me a contributor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure you can just follow! I'll remove you from the contributors. But I need your Pinterest name, because I have more than one Alison. You can email it to me at scissorsandsteam@gmail.com if you prefer.

      Delete
  6. I'll stay on as a contributor to the board. Got your email. My screen name is "Calsidyrose" (with a little red bucking bronco icon). You have my name in the email! I am following your boards on Pinterest,too.

    Thanks, C.B. (Calsidyrose)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Please remove me as a contributor! I did not even follow the board intentionally, I just was lazy and clicked "follow all"! Now I CANNOT unfollow and Pinterest is USELESS to me! PLEASE reconsider this policy of adding everyone! undeadgoat/Eleanor Wroblewski

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so sorry! I went to remove you, but you're not actually a contributor. I did unfollow you, so hopefully that does the trick! And regarding your suggestion, i actually did change the policy a few days ago, so now people have to specifically request to be added. You should be able to follow without trouble now, but if you still have trouble let me know and I'll do my best to fix it!

      Delete
  8. Hi I'm a new follower on GFC. I'd like to be added as a contributor. My Pinterest name is Lynzk. Thank you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Jamie - I follow via RSS and my Pinterest name is momontimeout. Thanks for the board and for linking up to Mom On Timeout!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would love to follow and contribute. My pinterest name is Rebecca80. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would love to follow and Contribute My Pinterest name is MakeLifeCre8tv

    ReplyDelete
  12. Please take me off as a contributor. It's a cool Pinterest board, but I'd rather it not show up on my boards page. Thanks and happy pinning!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'd like to be added. I follow you through all possible ways. Some might call that stalking. I like to think of it as dedication. haha

    Here is my pinterest: http://pinterest.com/bhrett/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi!
    I'd like to be added as a contributor. I'm a new FB follower but I've been a
    blog reader for a while now.

    Here's my pinterest: http://pinterest.com/thebackloop/

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm a follower... I wanna play a long :)

    http://pinterest.com/BallisticGypsy/

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'd love to be added. I've got several craft tutorials that I am working on, so I'll be able to contribute soon! I follow you on both FB and your blog. :)

    My pinterest name as well as my blog is: http://pinterest.com/thisgirlcreates/

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am a follower through FB and about to be through GFC too! I'd love to be added:

    http://pinterest.com/lfrank1018

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi! I'd love to contribute. I think my request got lost in the sea of replies the first time around :) I follow via pinterest and my google reader.
    Here's my pinterest info: http://pinterest.com/thebackloop

    (my blog is at http://www.thebackloop.com)

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'd love to join your party, Jamie! My pinterest is hobstrcharmaine :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I was already added to the board but I dont know what why I still cant pin :| Please add me again if I was erased or something. Thank you|!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks Jamie! It's working now :D

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'd love to be added to the board and share my passion in mosaic art! :) http://pinterest.com/nancyolliver/

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'd love to be added.
    www.pinterest.com/livecrafteat/

    I subscribed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. I would love to be a contributor - I'm obsessed with crafty things, also just found you on pinterest and your boards are great! my url is http://pinterest.com/ArielleWalker5/

    ReplyDelete
  25. Please add me to your totally awesome board!: http://pinterest.com/pdg1066/

    ReplyDelete
  26. I'm following and love to be a "Contributor", http://pinterest.com/janellekirk/ Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I just followed you on Facebook and would love to contribute! http://pinterest.com/spaghettiwstrnr/

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hey,

    I love the owl in your header on Facebook. :-) I would appreciate it if you would add me as a contibutor to pinterest...

    http://pinterest.com/howtomakebows

    Keep well, Noline

    ReplyDelete
  29. Okay people I think I am caught up on adding you! If I've missed you or if you didn't get the invite, comment again and I'll try again. Sometimes pinterest gets wonky!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Could you please invite me to contribute in your "Do Something Awesome" board. My pinterest id is bloomsnbugs

    I'm a sewing crafting blogger here:
    http://bloomsnbugs.blogspot.com/

    I'm now following you via bloglovin.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hi! I really love you board "Do Something Awesome! ~crafting community pinboard~" and have found it very useful. I would like to contribute too. Hope you could add me. http://pinterest.com/s1616/

    Thanks

    Zoe S

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hi Jamie
    I'd like to be added as a contributor
    My Pinterest name is NT maglia

    http://www.pinterest.com/ntmaglia/ntmaglia-crochet-bag-patterns/

    Ciao e grazie!

    ReplyDelete
  33. I would love to be added! I follow you on Bloglovin'.

    My Pinterest name is Nearly Crafty.
    http://www.pinterest.com/iamnearlycrafty/

    Thanks! Kate

    ReplyDelete
  34. I'd love to be added

    Don't Mess with Mom
    http://www.pinterest.com/dontmesswithmom

    ReplyDelete
  35. I would be so happy to be added as a contributor. Please consider my request :)
    http://www.pinterest.com/KidscraftWorld/

    ReplyDelete
  36. Hi Jamie! We're following your awesome Pinterest board, and would love to be added as a contributor! Our Pinterest name is http://www.pinterest.com/canarystcrafts/. Our blog is www.canarystreetcrafts.com. Thanks so much! And btw, I love your granny crochet blanket!!!
    Thanks!! Amy

    ReplyDelete
  37. Hi Jamie.
    I would love to be a contributor. My pinterest name is doodlebuddies
    http://www.pinterest.com/doodlebuddies/

    I am a new follower at Pinterest/facebook/bloglovin ~ (all three of them ~ hee hee !! that's how enthusiastic I am to be a contributor !! )

    With love from Dubai
    Naush

    ReplyDelete
  38. Hi Jamie,
    I would love to be a contributor. My pinterest name is priyampins.

    I am your new follower in pinterest.

    -Priyam @ http://priyam-simplejoys.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  39. Hi! I would love to be added. My Pinterest name is Sara Webs and I follow your Pinterest and blog (via Blogger).

    ReplyDelete

I'm not always great at replying to comments but I DO read every single one of them and I always reply in my head. So in my mind we've had this deep conversation about the meaning of life or whatever, and we're best friends, and we craft together on Sunday afternoons while drinking Mojitos and watching old Indiana Jones movies. So thank you for your comments. And now I want a mojito.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...