I Murdered an Entire Village of Fairies by Writing This Post.

1.19.2012

First things first. I must insist that all you minions go visit my darling lovely friend Jessica over at her new blog Philomath Momma. She's a modern-day mystic, a prophet who will crack your head open, scrape out all the shriveled parts poisoned by Jersey Shore, and pour inside the sweet watery light of an old Truth. Also she taught her tiny daughter to say "peace out" and her cat is the antichrist. So go follow her. This is not optional.

In other news, school technically started last week, but since I was in denial and refusing to emerge from the literal woods and face my reality as a grownup with things like responsibilities, it didn't actually start for me till this week. You'd think that being a grad student might mean that I have a sense of adulthood, and I do when I am up to my eyeballs in research, but most of my time is spent procrastinating. I actually have a sticky note on my monitor that says "NOW" in big bold letters. It's supposed to motivate me. It doesn't.

If I'm fair with myself I can say that once I actually start working I'm like a righteous tornado of genius that destroys every bit of lethargy and boredom in its path. And I love my work. I really, really do. Unfortunately it's usually about as difficult to get me to start working as it is to get a toddler to do calculus and like it. And, the honest-to-god truth is that one of the reasons I started this blog was so that I could do something productive when I'm procrastinating instead of turn into a lump of lukewarm clay with an arthritic forefinger from the endless click-click-click around the aimless interweb.

Point being, right now I should be working. There's gonna be a new tag on my posts. Something like, "I'm a procrastinating asshole." Or, "Every minute I don't work a fairy dies." You know, to make me feel good about myself every time I hit "publish." Or something.

I promise I haven't forgotten about Project 366, a pic a day in 2012. I've been doing it, I just haven't posted yet. I will. It's coming.

I also have a post about some cool thrifting finds in the tube, a GIVEAWAY, and two new tutorials waiting to be posted. So stick around, or you might miss out on an awesome little something handmade by me for you, and the meaning of life.

Or something.

4 comments:

  1. I,too,am avoiding what I need to do today. But I got a good laugh here while I am hiding.Thanks!
    Better go clean out the fridge.... :-(
    Darlene

    ReplyDelete
  2. The meaning of life is 42. I've got it, already. :P I'll stick around, though. Promise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's OK - I hear fairies procreate like rabbits.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey! the way your write and how real your posts are crack me up! It's refreshing to find a fun, down to earth & real blog. Some blogs I've stumbled upon don't talk about real life and many are all the same thing and talk about the same stuff. BBB00000-RIIIING. I am queen of procrastination on internet. ugh, I get lost in the inter web.

    ReplyDelete

I'm not always great at replying to comments but I DO read every single one of them and I always reply in my head. So in my mind we've had this deep conversation about the meaning of life or whatever, and we're best friends, and we craft together on Sunday afternoons while drinking Mojitos and watching old Indiana Jones movies. So thank you for your comments. And now I want a mojito.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...