1,000 Pins!

1.11.2012


How did we survive before Pinterest? Did we all just live in dark, dank, grey rooms with dull scissors and tangled bits of sad yarn languishing in disused drawers? Did we wear the same plain white t-shirt every day? Did we use jars and bottles only as jars and bottles, rather than as lamps, planters, and dirigibles? 

Pinterest! Our knight in quilted armour! Rescuing us from craftless, fashionless, unaesthetic boringness!!!

Minions, I have reached 1,000 pins. That's one-thousand. That's 10 times 100 bits of inspiration.

I figured a round up of my all time favorite pins would be appropriate. Feel free to chime in the comments with links to your own favorites! I'd love to see them! (it's an addiction)

(p.s. I will try to credit the original source. If I get it wrong and you own a pic, let me know and I'll be happy to fix it!)

In no particular order:

Apothecary Jars from apartment therapy. They remind me of my Mason Jar Terrariums:


These Crochet Owls from Haakmuts are my single most popular pin!


I love this brooch bracelet from cupcakes and cashmere:


More crochet, this time adorable rainbow fishies! These are from Annemarie's etsy shop:
Celestial bedroom, originally from Country Living:


Succulent Wall Hanging, also from apartment therapy:


DIY projects for old books, originally from the Written Word!!!


Crochet footstools by Claire-Anne O'Brien:



Love everything about this little nook, especially the blue wall!


I am in love with this photo from Kinfolk volume 2. It reminds me of the old masters of oil painting:


A solid bit of advice for all you writerly people:
And well, yeah.
Follow me here! And don't forget to scroll on up the sidebar to where it says "Minions" and click "join!" You may or may not receive a ray-gun, beefy bodyguard, and an official membership speedsuit in the mail. 





Somewhat Simple

9 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I have a pinterest account, but haven't started yet. Love the images you shared.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beware! Once you start using it, it's addictive!

      Delete
  2. would love it if you could share this on my link party
    http://serenityyou.blogspot.com/search/label/Serenity%20Saturday

    Natasha xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Pinterest. I get up in the morning and check email, facebook, then Pinterest!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me too. Get up, get coffee, email, pinterest ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for linking up to Serenity Saturday
    Hope you can come and join us this week too

    http://serenityyou.blogspot.com/search/label/Serenity%20Saturday

    Natasha xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. 1000 pins-- whaw-hoooo!!! Nice job!

    Visiting from My Romantic Home's linky party :)
    Thanks for sharing :D
    ~Smiles, Suzanne in NW Illinois at WHYCUZICAN

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just joined pinterest it is a really cool site. I haven't got too into it yet but I am sure I will. I really enjoying seeing what people have pinned off my blog though makes me feel good to know people like my stuff enough to pin it! =]

    ReplyDelete

I'm not always great at replying to comments but I DO read every single one of them and I always reply in my head. So in my mind we've had this deep conversation about the meaning of life or whatever, and we're best friends, and we craft together on Sunday afternoons while drinking Mojitos and watching old Indiana Jones movies. So thank you for your comments. And now I want a mojito.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...