Granny Stripe Beginning!

12.15.2011

Here's the 450-stitch-long foundation chain for the granny stripe blanket! It was painstaking, to say the least, having to concentrate so hard on the tension and then the counting... Oh god, the endless, confusing, brain-frying, counting! I ended up using those little stitch markers every 50 stitches so that when I inevitably lost count I wouldn't have to start over.

This blanket is gonna be huge, hopefully big enough to cover a bed, and hopefully not big enough to make me hate the mere thought of picking up the crochet hook to work on it!

I bought a whole flat of mason jars today to make little herb terrariums for holiday gifts... Tutorial soon? Yes.

2 comments:

  1. I'll follow you, darling! you're a yarn lover, too? You need to come on over to my blog and link up to Fibers on Friday and meet all the friendly people over there!

    http://plumslife.blogspot.com/

    ~Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beth, Ah yes, yarn and I are becoming quite close!

    Thanks for following, I'll stop by Fibers on Friday! :)

    ReplyDelete

I'm not always great at replying to comments but I DO read every single one of them and I always reply in my head. So in my mind we've had this deep conversation about the meaning of life or whatever, and we're best friends, and we craft together on Sunday afternoons while drinking Mojitos and watching old Indiana Jones movies. So thank you for your comments. And now I want a mojito.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...