Granny Stripe Tester Square

12.13.2011

I have to admit, it took several very annoying tries before I got the granny stripe figured out, and even then I had many moments of mental retardation where I just sat there with the hook in my hand, staring at the square, completely confused as to what the hell I was doing. I stitched up the acrylic blue and white one first (you know, the one that looks like a child did it) and took note of the huge mess it was, tried another one with the Wool-Ease, failed, tried again, failed, and finally got it semi-right.

It's still far from perfect, but I have made the conscious decision to NOT freak out over mistakes. I'm slightly OCD about making things perfect, and since that is just not possible for this project, I have made this decision in the interest of self-and-blanket preservation. Mistakes are okay. Really. Really.

Don't look at me like that!

Moving on now, before I hurt my own feelings. Geez, Self. Why do you have to be so sensitive?? Calm down.

Have a picture of some pretty fried eggs!
My ever-patient husband, who is a far superior cook than me, fried up some eggs to have with muffins for dinner last night, since I was feeling a little sick still. Don't they look so good? I'm not a huge fan of eggs (ask me about ostriches sometime!), but these were yummy. He thought they were good too, but inserted the caveat: "they're a little burned on the bottom. You know, cause they had to keep posing for pictures instead of coming off the heat." Pretty sure there was a huff in there somewhere too.

I cooked up some mac & cheese, sort of. I was a vegan for a couple years and still retain a preference for some vegan foods, like Land's End mac & cheese. Cheese-less mac & cheese? Heresy, I know! Especially for such a cheese lover as I am.

I cook it up with milk, lots of pepper, olive oil, and a little bit of truffle oil. Perfect lazy-sick-person food.
Aside from the granny-stripe blanket I've got tons of projects going right now, unfortunately I can't post about them till after the holidays since I don't want to spoil any surprises. But good things are coming, I promise you!

Linked to:
Frugal Fridays!

2 comments:

  1. I am a perfectionist too when it comes to crafts, which is why I don't really do them as much as I would like. I am way to hard on myself. I think your Grannie stripes look great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Self-criticism is so hard to get past... I try to just ignore myself, sometimes. :)

    ReplyDelete

I'm not always great at replying to comments but I DO read every single one of them and I always reply in my head. So in my mind we've had this deep conversation about the meaning of life or whatever, and we're best friends, and we craft together on Sunday afternoons while drinking Mojitos and watching old Indiana Jones movies. So thank you for your comments. And now I want a mojito.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...